Upon adding Tickets to your Discord server, you'll need to go through some basic setup. Don't worry though! Tickets only takes 30 seconds to setup!
Tickets is extremely configurable, but also extremely easy to configure.
After you add Tickets to your Discord server (which can be done by clicking the Invite button at the top of this base), you'll have to ensure that it has the following permissions:
- Read messages
- Send messages
- Embed links
- Manage messages
- Manage channels
Once the bot has these permissions, you can begin the configuration process. To start, simply run
t!setup. You'll then be prompted to provide:
- A new prefix for the bot (although the
t!prefix will continue to work)
- A welcome message that will be sent at the start of each ticket
- A ticket limit that prevents a user from opening too many tickets
- The channel category that tickets shall be created under (Note: This must already exist)
- The archive channel, to which ticket logs are posted to after tickets are closed
We're almost there! The last thing you'll want to do is add your admins and support representatives so that they are included in each ticket. You can do this through:
That's it! We're done! If you have any further questions, feel free to join our support server, which is linked at the top of this page.